Flourish Trace™ supplies a broad range of trace elements demonstrated to be necessary for proper plant health and growth (see below for signs of deficiencies). Trace elements are normally depleted by utilization, oxidation and precipitation. The latter two processes occur more rapidly than with other micronutrients. This makes it important to restore trace elements on a regular basis. Flourish Trace™ may be used alone or in conjunction with Flourish®. Best results are obtained when both are used. Flourish Trace™ is safe for invertebrates such as shrimp.
Signs of Trace Element Deficiencies
- Boron: Death of stem and root apical meristem, leaves twisted, young tissue most affected
- Cobalt: used for nitrogen fixation, same as nitrogen deficiency signs (stunted growth)
- Copper: Young leaves dark green, twisted, wilted, tip remains alive
- Manganese: Chlorosis of young leaves, with smallest veins remaining green, necrosis between veins
- Molybdenum: Chlorosis, twisting, death of young leaves
- Zinc: Reduced leaf size, shortened internodes, chlorosis, spotted leaves, older leaves most affected<
- Nickel: lack of germination or seed formation, required for iron absorption
Use 1 capful (5 mL) for every 80 L (20 US gallons) twice a week. When using in conjunction with Flourish®, dose on alternate days.