The Continuum advantage.
Medtec Coral Cleaner & Dip is a much more gentle cleaner and acclimation dip than many other dips, yet it is very effective. It is a prophylactic cleaner, conditioner, and will assist in acclimating corals to their new environment. It is safe for dipping soft and stony corals, anemones, mushrooms and zoas. It is great for cleaning coral facilities or tanks as a wipe down or soak between uses.
Tips for use.
Use of a snow white bucket, or placing a paper towel below a clear dip container will allow much better inspection of the corals or frags. It is recommended that you place newly acquired corals into a quarantine holding tank immediately after dipping to allow for further inspection prior to adding them into your aquarium.
Directions and protocol.
Shake well immediately before use! Wear rubber gloves & eye protection when using! Remove 1/2 gallon of aquarium saltwater from the aquarium that will house your new corals and place in a large plastic bucket or bowl. Add 20 ml (4 capfuls) of MedTec Coral Cleaner & Dip concentrate from this bottle. Place a powerhead or airstone in the container to circulate the water gently. Add your new corals and dip for 5 to 10 minutes (absolute maximum 15 minutes). Prior to and during dipping, inspect corals for signs of parasite eggs. Dip will not remove eggs without pressure. If found, gently blot and mechanically brush them off with a dry paper towel. During dipping, using a syringe or turkey baster to blow dip forcefully against coral between branches and in crevaces will greatly improve dip cleaning efficiency. Discard Dip. Dip may become toxic to corals if re-used.
Not for use directly in aquariums, for use as a dip for new live corals or cleaner for empty systems only!!! Consult our website or an appropriate reference source for cleaning and acclimation of new corals of the species you are adding.
Caution: Keep out of reach of children. Not for human consumption. If ingested, drink a full glass of water then call a poison control center immediately! If in eyes flush with water, consult a doctor.